This time of year, the last thing you probably want to read is an article about tax prep or accounting. ‘Tis the season where we have a little spare time at the Bach, James, Mansour & Company office, so we tried to get creative with our year-end blog post. Yes, accountants do that sometimes! I hope you have as much fun reading this as we did writing it.
Top 10 things to say that will drive your accountant crazy
I asked around the office, and here are the top 10 things clients (not you, of course) told us that kept us up at night tossing and turning:
- “Someone broke into my office and stole all my tax receipts.”
- “I asked my friend’s accountant and he told me something different.”
- “But on the IRS website I thought it said I could do this.”
- April 1: “Are you guys busy yet?”
- Evening of April 14: “Whew, I made it! Here’s my tax organizer.”
- “Here’s something I saw on YouTube about tax preparation. Thought you’d be interested.”
- “I did my taxes using TurboTax. Can you just check them over?”
- “My receipts are in the shoebox marked #1.”
- “I’m not lying.”
- “I ran out of money paying taxes so I can’t pay you.”
The team at Bach, James, Mansour & Company wishes you happy and safe holidays, and a prosperous 2016. Enjoy the season with your family and friends. We’ll catch up with you about taxes, HOA audits, and other fun stuff some other time.
Neal Bach, CPA